My name is Astrid Hellwig.
My passion is my profession: I enable personal and organizational development through coaching, consulting, and training. I facilitate workshops, team building processes, and I deliver virtual classes and blended learning development programs. In addition, I am a content creator and curator for adaptive learning solutions. I am also a proud member of the Management Team of the HGS-Concept GmbH.
Master of International Economics (Diplom Volkswirtin)
University of Tuebingen, Germany
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Something about me
I am a natural born traveller and explorer.
Anything new, anything unfamiliar is exciting to me. I feel inspired by people with enthusiasm, entrepreneurial thinking, and creativity. From early on in my life, I have been interested in holistic approaches to learning, based on biological and neurological facts, on humanism, philosophy and anthropology. Working in the development aid environment has taught me both vigour and humility.
With a degree in International Economics & Eastern European Studies from Tübingen, Germany, and Seattle, USA, I have been coaching, consulting and training in over 40 different countries for a variety of organizations from different sectors and industries, including governmental and non-profit organizations.
I truly believe that nourishing trust is a major success factor. As a people person, I easily connect with people and stay in touch with a range of former clients all over the world. These people feed back to me their development records, their future ambitions, and the personal efficacy they have gained through our interventions. A significant higher quality in driving businesses, leading people, communicating, and relationship building helps them achieve their goals and beyond. I like to inspire people to strive for emotional intelligence, creativity, and performance: My motto is: “What seems impossible today might be possible tomorrow.”
My clients are aware that some processes take time. Growth and development can hardly be rushed. It takes courage and strength to look behind the curtain and allow for deep-rooted change and development. My preferred cycle of learning is: Awareness & Observation – Reflection – Insights – Action.
These two quotes (possibly going back to Socrates) are especially important to me: “I neither know nor think that I know” and “He who believes to be someone has ceased to become someone”.
I am blessed having and having had wonderful teachers, coaches and mentors in my life. My husband and my child are two of them.
- 20 years of experience in training, consulting and coaching in international projects in 40 different countries and cultures.
- Sector experience: Automotive, Automotive Supplier, Engineering, Aviation, Oil & Gas, Logistics, Telecommunications, Banking and Financial Services, Pharmaceutical & Medical Engineering, Food & Beverage, Paper and Textile, Academia, Administration and Non-Profit Organizations.
- 22 years of experience in academic teaching (economics, cross-cultural communication, work psychology, and leadership skills)
- Further education in consulting, training and systemic coaching, inner game coaching, psychology, intuition, mental training, communication, presentation, facilitation, organizational constellations, personal growth, writing, (neuro-) learning and adaptive learning.
- Personal Development – Leadership – Change Management
- Strategy and Organizational Development & Mentoring
- Conflict Management – Negotiation – Intercultural Communication
- Communication – Presentation and Facilitation, Meeting Management
- Project and Program Management, Agile Coaching
- Self management, Time management, Resilience – Creativity
- Basics in General Management, Finance and Accounting for project managers and managers without business background
Scope (face-to-face and life online)
- Coaching (executive coaching, individual and team coaching)
- Training (conceptual design and delivery of seminars and workshops)
- Facilitation of conferences and workshops
- Consulting (HR, organizational development, culture)
- International and cross-divisional change management
- Professional training for project managers, leaders, and high potentials
- Train-the-Trainer/-Consultant/-Mentor /-Coach Seminars
- German (native speaker)
- English (excellent)
- French (very good)
- Russian (good)
- Italian (basic)
- Serbo-Croatian (basic)
- Nokia (Alcatel-Lucent)
- Athlon (Daimler)
- Berlin Chemie AG
- BMW AG: Caribbean/Africa/Central Asia
- Bombardier Transportation
- British Petrol
- Coca Cola European Partners
- Daimler AG & Evobus GmbH: Germany, France, UK, Switzerland
- Deutsche Bahn
- Deutsche Bank
- Deutsche Post DHL
- Deutsche Telekom
- De Lage Landen (DLL)
- Dieffenbacher GmbH
- ebay France
- EBM Papst
- Endress + Hauser
- European Union (EMSA)
- European Business School (EBS)
- Royal Friesland Campina
- Harman Becker (Samsung)
- Hyundai Motor Europe
- Imperial Tobacco
- INFINITI Nissan, France and Switzerland
- It design
- John Deere
- Kässbohrer / Pistenbully
- Kühne & Nagel
- Läpple (Fibro, FLT)
- Maquet (Getinge)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany, Berlin, with GIZ, Cologne
- OMV Group
- Pall Filter (Danaher Group)
- Sandvik (Prototyp Werke)
- Standard Life (Aberdeen Standard)
- Steelcase AG, Europe, Middle East und Central Asia
- ŠkodaAuto Deutschland GmbH
- Tesat Spacecom (Astrium/EADS)
- TRW Automotive (ZF)
- TÜV Rheinland
- Ulrich Medical
- Vetter Pharma
- Zwick / Roell
Hagen/Wurster (Hrsg.): Die Karriereschmiede. Gabal Verlag 2013.